Search HELP: Legislation
The Office of the City Clerk Legislative Management Search provides accurate and desired results with simple steps:
1. General Search – Click "Search" to return a wider set of results, or specify one or more of the following search filters to further refine your search results:
a. SEARCH BY KEYWORDS – searches text
• LEGISLATIVE TEXT – searches for legislation that matches entered keywords including attachments.
• TITLE – searches for legislation that matches entered keywords specifically in the title.
b. Record # – search by Legislation unique identifier.
• SEARCH BY RECORD #
• File/enactment # – searches the designated file numbers or enactment numbers of legislation
c. INTRODUCTION DATE
• File created (with operators) - uses the File created date fields and operators to search for legislation created in the system between two dates or after a specific date.
d. FINAL DATE
• Final action (with operators) - uses the Final action date fields and operators to search for legislation that had a final action taken between two dates or after a specific date.
2. FILTERS – Further refine the search results by selecting facets:
a. YEAR – filters search results by filing year
b. STATUS AND SUB STATUS – filters search results to a specific file status or sub-status.
c. Filing Sponsor or Filing Office – filters search results to legislations sponsored by the selected sponsor or filing office.
d. CONTROLLING BODY – filters search results to legislations that are currently controlled by the specified body.
e. TYPE – filters search results to a specific legislation type.
f. KEY LEGISLATION – filters search results by key legislation.